Service to Industry and Awards
- President of the Montana Association of REALTORS® 2003
- President of the Helena Association of REALTORS® 1999 and again in 2000
- President of the Helena Multiple Listing Service 1997 and 1998
- Legislative lobbyist for the Montana Association of REALTORS® 2003 & 2005
- Helena Association of REALTORS® Salesperson of the Year 1999
- Helena Association of REALTORS® Memorial Scholarship Award 2002
- Helena Association of REALTORS® REALTOR® of the Year 2001
- Montana Association of REALTORS® Golden Eagle Service Award 2002
- Montana Association of REALTORS® REALTOR® of the Year 2003
- National Association of REALTORS® Board of Directors 1999-2003
- National Association of REALTORS® Appraisal Committee 2004
Education, Experience and Professional Designations
Received Montana State Real Estate sales license in July of 1987 and received Montana Broker’s license in January of 1990. Have logged many hours over the mandated allotment of continuing education to not only fulfill my licensing requirements, but to maintain current knowledge of the ever changing aspects of our industry and market. The following designations have been awarded and their respective dates:
CRS: 1999. Certified Residential Specialist. The CRS® Designation is awarded to experienced REALTORS® who complete advanced training in listing and selling, and meet rigorous production requirements.
At Home with Diversity Certification. 1999. At Home With Diversity® is an educational experience designed to present a picture of the changing face of the real estate industry. More importantly, the class teaches REALTORS® how to work effectively with — and within — a rapidly changing multicultural market.
GRI: 2000. Graduate Realtor Institute. The GRI program includes 90 hours of coursework on topics from marketing and servicing listed properties to real estate law.
CRB: 2002. Certified Real Estate Brokerage Manager. One of the most respected and relevant designations offered in real estate business management. The CRB designation is awarded to REALTORS® who have completed advanced educational and professional.
CCIM℠: Certified Commercial Investment Member. CCIMs are recognized experts in commercial real estate brokerage, leasing, valuation and investment analysis. There are four legs to completing this certification and I have completed two thus far.
WHS: Workforce Housing Specialist is designed to instill competency that will meet the very specialized housing needs of Montana’s workforce. This certification provides a strong baseline of knowledge to serve the needs of clients that will benefit from the numerous housing assistance programs at the local, state, and federal levels. www.MTHousingResources.com. February, 2011.
Co-owner of home building construction company for a period of 12 years. Specialized in residential building, both speculation and custom homes.
Served on the Citizen’s Task Force for the Unified Development Ordinance Committee, City of Helena for of period of 3 years; theGovernor’s Weed Control Task Force; Red Cross Volunteer and First Time Home Buyer’s Workshop Instructor.